A delicious evening/tea time snack with poha (rice flakes).
Aval (Poha) Cutlet – 2 cups + 1/4 cup
Potatoes – 4, boiled, peeled, mashed
Green Peas – 1/4 cup
Corn Flour – 1/4 cup
Green Chillies – 4, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Wash and soak the 2 cups of aval in water for 30 minutes.
2. Drain excess water.
3. Add mashed potatoes, green chillies, green peas, ginger garlic paste and salt.
4. Mix well and shape them into cutlets of desired shapes.
5. Add some water to corn flour and mix well to a semi-thick batter. Spread the 1/4 cup of aval on a plate.
6. Heat little oil in a tawa.
7. Dip the prepared cutlets in the batter and roll them in the aval.
8. Add them to the hot tawa and cook until golden brown on both sides, adding little oil around the edges.
9. Remove and serve with ketchup.
image via Tarla Dalal