2 tsp red chilli sauce
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp stock
2 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp water
1. Marinate the chicken with salt and ginger for 10 minutes.
2. Beat together the egg white and corn flour and coat the chicken pieces with this batter.
3. Prepare the sauce by mixing the chilli sauce, tomato puree, soy sauce, vinegar and stock in a pan.
4. Make a paste of corn flour and water.
5. Place pan over medium heat for a minute. When the sauce starts to boil, add the corn flour mixture and thicken. Remove pan from heat.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken until tender.
7. Drain off as much oil as possible.
8. Heat the sauce once again and stir in the chicken.
9. Serve hot with steamed rice.