Lotus Seeds (Makhana) – 1 cup
Milk – 1 litre
Sugar – 2 cups
Pistachios – few
Almond Essence – 2 drops
1. Wash the lotus seeds and soak them in water for 10 minutes.
2. Heat milk in a pan over medium flame.
3. Squeeze dry the lotus seeds and add to the milk.
4. When the milk starts to boil, add sugar and mix well.
5. Simmer for a few minutes and when it starst to leave the sides of the pan, add pistachios and almond essence.
6. Remove and serve in cups.
image credit: flickr.com/photos/vegeyum/4202860476/