A simple, delicious and easy home made cake ideal for any occasion or can also be used a base for making other cake varieties. Learn how to prepare cake at home in a pressure cooker as the method given below uses a pressure cooker/pan and you do not need a microwave oven to make a cake.
- Plain Flour (Maida) – 3 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups, powdered
- Eggs – 2, beaten well
- Butter – 1 cup
- Baking Soda – 2 tsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
- Combine sugar and butter together.
- Whisk well until light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten egg and blend well.
- Sift together the maida and baking soda.
- Gradually add this to the egg mixture. If required add a little milk and mix till the batter is fluffy and soft.
- Add vanilla essence and blend well.
- Sprinkle some maida on a greased baking tin.
- Pour the prepared mixture into the tin and place it in a pressure cooker.
- Do not add water the cooker and ensure the tin does not touch the base of cooker.
- Reduce flame to low and pressure cook for 2 minutes.
- Increase flame to medium and cook for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and wait for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
- Insert a knife or a metal skewer into the cake and if it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
Note: For an eggless cake, just omit the egg and add 1 more cup of butter.