An easy to make, healthy and delicious comfort food, this broken wheat kichadi is ideal for a quick lunch, evening tiffen or even a light dinner. With an assortment of vegetables, it is great for kids too.
Samba Godumai Rava (Broken Wheat Rava) – 1 cup
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Carrot – 1, finely chopped
Capsicum – 1 cup, chopped
Green Peas – 1 cup, shelled
Green Chilli – 1
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – little
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – few
Oil – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Fry the samba rava till golden and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Fry the mustard seeds, dals and green chilli for a minute.
4. Saute the onions and add carrot, capsicum, green peas.
5. Pour 3 cups of water and add salt.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Add samba rava, coriander leaves, curry leaves and asafoetida powder.
8. Cover the pan with a lid and reduce flame to low.
9. Simmer for 15 minutes and stir to mix.
10. Serve hot.
image credit: gayathriraj.blogspot.com
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !