Rava Idli (Rava Idly) is a very popular South Indian breakfast dish made with rava and curd. Simple and easy to make, they are also served as an evening snack or a light dinner with chutney or sambar of choice.
Rava (Sooji) – 1 cup
Thick Curd – 1/2 cup
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Bengal Gram Dal – little
Urad Dal – little
Cashewnuts – few
Salt as per taste
Green Chillies – 5, finely chopped
1. Heat little oil in a pan.
2. Fry the mustard seeds, curry leaves, dals, cashewnuts and green chillies for a minute.
3. Add the rava and fry till light golden.
4. Remove and cool.
5. Add the curd and salt.
6. Mix well and keep aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
7. Add a little water and mix again.
8. Grease an idli plate and pour small spoonfuls of the batter.
9. Steam cook until done, about 5 to 6 minutes.
10. Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.