Red Spinach (Cheera) – 2 cup
Onions – 1 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 4, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece, chopped
Potato – 1/2 cup, cooked and mashed
Bread Slices – 1/2 cup, soaked and squeezed
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Rusk – 1 cup, powdered
Maida – 2 tblsp
Curry Leaves – handful
Salt as per taste
1. Heat a pan over medium heat.
2. Add spinach, onion, chilli, ginger and curry leaves.
3. Cover the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Add potato, bread, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt to the bowl.
6. Mix well and make small cutlets.
7. Mix maida in 3/4 cup of water.
8. Sprinkle this over the cutlets.
9. Spread the powdered rusk in a plate.
10. Roll the cutlets in the rusk powder until well coated.
11. Heat oil in a deep pan.
12. Fry the cutlets on both sides till brown and crisp.
13. Remove and drain excess oil.
14. Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !