Salt Cod – 500 gms, soaked
Milk – 2 cups
Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
Potatoes – 500 gms, boiled and mashed
Eggs – 2, beaten
Parsley – 2 tblsp
Olive Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
Ground Black Pepper as per taste
Lemon Wedges to serve
1. Drain the cod, pat dry and cut into large pieces.
2. Heat the milk in a large pan over medium heat.
3. Add the cod and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer very gently for about 30 minutes, until the fish is soft.
5. Drain and leave to cool.
6. Flake the fish, removing any skin or bones and then mash well.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan.
8. Saute the onion and garlic over medium heat until softened.
9. Add the mashed potato in a bowl along with mashed cod, onion, garlic, eggs and parsley.
10. Stir together.
11. Add salt and pepper.
12. Shape the mixture into small patties and keep it in a fridge for 30 minutes until firm.
13. Heat oil in a deep frying pan until very hot.
14. Fry the patties, a few at a time, for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
15. Remove and drain.
16. Serve hot with lemon wedges.