If there is one paneer recipe that will remain in your memories for a long time after tasting, it is the Chilli Paneer recipe. The scandalous combination of chili and paneer gives an unparalleled taste to this dish and makes it a hot favorite among all the age groups.
Chilli Paneer can be eaten as a side dish and also an appetizer. It is easy to make and has a rare combination of Indian and Chinese cooking techniques. You can keep this recipe dry or turn it into a tasty gravy side dish.
Moreover, you can also prepare thick gravy styled Chilli Paneer if you are planning to have it with roti or naan. The thick saucy version can also be eaten with rice or pulao. Tomato sauce, soy sauce, and spring onions are the key ingredients of this recipe. You can also add vinegar but its use is optional.
You must ensure to cut all the vegetables like tomato, onion, capsicum, etc. in cubes so that they blend with the paneer cubes perfectly. Also, do not forget to fry the paneer cubes before cooking them with the veggies.
Chilli Paneer is not only a tasty appetizer but it also has the wholesome goodness of paneer and vegetables. It is rich in proteins, minerals, vitamins and other nutrients which are healthy for our body. Therefore, it is a good choice to add this recipe to your recipe book.
You can also add a spoonful of cornflour to give a smooth consistency to this recipe. Serve hot and do not forget to garnish it with coriander and spring onions before serving. Try this recipe today and win the adulation of your friends and family members!
Chilli Paneer Recipe
Ingredients for Chilli Paneer
- 500 gms Paneer chopped
- 2 to 3 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 no Onion chopped
- 1 no Capsicum chopped
- 2 nos Green Chillies small, chopped
- 3 tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 tsp Rice Flour
- 3 tsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
- as required Oil
- handful Coriander Leaves chopped
- handful Spring Onions chopped
- as per taste Salt
How to make Chilli Paneer
- In a bowl mix the rice flour, corn flour, red chilli powder, pepper powder and garlic paste with little water.
- Mix well without any lumps.
- Add the paneer pieces and mix again.
- Keep aside for few minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
- Fry the marinated paneer pieces for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Heat little oil in another pan.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, green chillies, onions and capsicums.
- Stir-fyr for a minute or until onions turn light golden brown.
- Add the soy sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar and stir well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add the fried paneer pieces and stir until evenly coated.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and spring onions. Remove from flame.