Chilli Paneer is a very popular Indo-Chinese dish across the country. Typically served on the side with rice dishes or noodles, they can also be served as a starter to any meal. Try this restaurant style Chilli Paneer at home and impress your family.
Paneer – 500 gms, chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 to 3 tsp
Onion – 1, chopped
Capsicum – 1, chopped
Green Chillies – 2, small, chopped
Tomato Ketchup – 3 tsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Rice Flour – 3 tsp
Corn Flour – 3 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Oil as required
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Spring Onions – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. In a bowl mix the rice flour, corn flour, red chilli powder, pepper powder and garlic paste with little water.
2. Mix well without any lumps.
3. Add the paneer pieces and mix again.
4. Keep aside for few minutes.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
6. Fry the marinated paneer pieces for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Heat little oil in another pan.
9. Add the ginger garlic paste, green chillies, onions and capsicums.
10. Stir-fyr for a minute or until onions turn light golden brown.
11. Add the soy sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar and stir well.
12. Add sugar and mix well.
13. Add the fried paneer pieces and stir until evenly coated.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves and spring onions. Remove from flame.
15. Serve as a starter or as an accompaniment to rice or noodles.