Whole Leg of Mutton – 500 gms
Garlic Flakes – 5
For the Marinade:
Soya Sauce – 6 tblsp
Red Wine Vinegar – 1 tblsp
Honey – 1 tblsp
Orange Juice – 1/4 cup
Oil – 1 tblsp
Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Salt – 1 tsp
1. Clean the leg off mutton, slash the flesh at random and inset the garlic flakes, one in each gash, at regular intervals.
2. Mix the ingredients for the marinade.
3. Rub into the meat and marinate it.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C.
5. Place the mutton in a baking tray without the marinade.
6. Roast the mutton in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes until it is brown on one side.
7. Turn it over to brown the other side.
8. It should be ready in one hour.
9. Insert a skewer into the mutton to test whether it is soft and succulent.
10. When it is done remove it from the oven immediately.
11. Strain the juices from the baking tray into a small pan.
12. Add the reserved marinade to the pan and boil it for 3 minutes.
13. Serve it as a sauce for the mutton.
14. Serve along with a salad of choice.