Ingredients for Parwars Stuffed with Minced Lamb
Parwars – 250 gms, long, of equal size
Lamb – 150 gms, minced
Salt to taste
Clarified Butter – 1 tbsp
Garlic Cloves – 5, finely chopped
Onions – 3 1/2 tbsp, chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seed Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Green Coriander – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Oil – 3 tbsp
1. Wash well and pat dry the parwars.
2. Make a slit diagonally along the length of the parwars.
3. Sprinkle a little salt inside each. Keep aside.
4. Heat the clarified butter, add the garlic and saute a little.
5. Add the onions and saute till brown.
6. Add the lamb, turmeric powder and salt.
7. Cook over medium flame till the liquid gets absorbed.
8. If the lamb is not cooked, sprinkle 2 tbsp of water and cook more.
9. Add the cumin seed powder, red chilli powder and garam masala.
10. Cook covered over a low flame for a few minutes and then put aside.
11. Mix in the green coriander.
12. Carefully deseed the parwars.
13. Fill each parwar with a little of the mince mixture and secure with a piece of string.
14. Heat the oil, preferably in a non-stick pan.
15. Fry the parwars one by one till they are cooked.
16. Remove from the pan and transfer to a casserole to keep warm.
17. Before serving, remove the strings and cut into halves.