For Meringue Topping
Egg Whites – 4
Cream of Tartar – a pinch
Salt – a pinch
Icing Sugar – 40 gms
Artificial Sweetener – to taste
Vanilla Essence – few drops
For the Fresh Fruits:
Papaya – 1 cup, chopped
Pineapple – 1 cup, shredded
Apple – 1 cup, finely chopped
Mixed Fruits – 1 cup, chopped
Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
Artificial Sweetener – 4 tsp
1. To make the Meringue Topping, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar and salt till fluffy.
2. Fold in the icing sugar and beat again till the mixture is smooth and forms stiff peaks.
3. Add the artificial sweetener and vanilla essence.
4. Beat until well mixed. Do not over beat. Keep aside.
5. Mix the fruits with lemon juice and artificial sweetener.
6. Keep aside to chill.
7. Spread half the meringue mixture on a greased rectangular foil sheet, placed on a tray.
8. Add the chilled fruit mixture over half the meringue mixture.
9. Spread the remaining meringue on top, ensuring that the fruits are well covered.
10. Bake on the top shelf of the preheated oven at 225C for 4 to 5 minutes, till delicately coloured and crispy on top.
11. Serve immediately while the meringue is warm.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !