Rice Flour – 4 cups
Urad Flour – 1 cup, roasted
Salt – 2 tsp
Butter – 1 tblsp
Coconut Extract – to mix the dough
Coconut Oil – for deep frying
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp, coarsely crushed
Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp, coarsely crushed
1. Sieve both the flour and keep it in a broad bowl.
2. Add salt, cumin, pepper powder and mix well.
3. Add fresh butter and blend with the flour properly till it is mixed evenly.
4. Grind the coconut scraping with little water.
5. Strain through a fine sieve to get thick extract.
6. Divide the flour equally into 5 to 6 portions.
7. Sprinkle coconut extract to each portion separately just before frying and knead to a thick dough.
8. Pass it through a greased murukku maker (with three eyed disc).
9. Make small murukkus on a wet cloth.
10. Deep fry in hot oil.
11. When it becomes crisp, take it out and place on an kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
12. Once it is cooled, store it in air-tight containers.