Aval Mixture is a simple and tasty snack that is often served during teatime and in some cases served as a side dish with rice as well. There are quite a few variations of this mixture. In some places dry fruits are also added.
Aval Mixture Recipe
Ingredients for Aval Mixture
- 4 cup Aval (Poha)
- 1/2 cup Ompodi (Plain Sev)
- 1/2 cup Roasted Gram
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- as per taste Salt
- as required Oil
How to make Aval Mixture
- Heat a little oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Separately roast the poha, ompodi, roasted gram and peanuts for 2 minutes.
- Transfer them all to a large bowl.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and asafoetida powder.
- Mix well.
- Store in an airtight container.