Vermicelli Upma (or Semiya Upma) is a very popular South Indian breakfast recipe. It is one of the most easiest dish to prepare, so it is ideal for a quick lunch or after-school snack too. Just like the classic Rava Upma, this semiya upma is equally tasty and bound to be a hit with everyone at home.
Vermicelli Upma (Semiya Upma) Recipe
Ingredients for Vermicelli Upma (Semiya Upma)
- 100 gms Vermicelli
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Gram Dal
- 2 Green Chillies
- 5 tsp Oil
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 15 gms Cashewnuts
How to make Vermicelli Upma (Semiya Upma)
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, when it pops, add green chillies, urad dal, gram dal and curry leaves.
- Add vermicelli and roast until it becomes slightly brown in colour.
- Add 2 cups water and leave it covered in low heat.
- Stir occasionally and cook until it becomes soft.
- Roast cashews in little ghee and add it to the upma.
- Serve hot.