Vermicelli – 100 gms
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Gram Dal – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2
Oil – 5 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Cashewnuts – 15 gms
1. Heat oil, add mustard seeds, when it pops, add green chillies, urad dal, gram dal and curry leaves.
2. Add vermicelli and roast until it becomes slightly brown in colour.
3. Add 2 cups water and leave it covered in low heat.
4. Stir occasionally and cook until it becomes soft.
5. Roast cashews in little ghee and add it to the upma.
6. Serve hot.
Vermicelli Upma Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Vermicelli Upma Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.