All Purpose Flour – 3 cups, sifted
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 1 cup, softened
Sugar – 2 cups, superfine
Eggs – 2
Vanilla – 1 tsp
Lemon Extract – 1 tsp
Buttermilk – 1 cup
Strawberry Slices for garnish (optional)
Lemon or Orange Zest for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking sofa and salt. Set aside.
4. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Blend in flavourings.
7. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
8. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
9. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Cool loaves in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
11. Loosen edges and remove to racks to cool completely.
12. Garnish as desired.
Buttermilk Pound Cake Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Buttermilk Pound Cake Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.