Rice flour – 2 cups
Green Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Butter – 1/2 tbsp
Coconut Oil – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Coconut Milk – 1 cup
Cumin or Sesame seeds – 2 tsp
Sugar – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Oil – For frying
Murukku maker with a one star plate
1. Mix all the ingredients except the coconut milk.
2. Now, add coconut milk little by little and make a soft dough.
3. Add a little water if the coconut milk is not enough for the dough.
4. Grease the inside of the murukku maker with little oil. Stuff the maker with the dough.
5. Now, press the murukku onto an oil greased sheet.
6. Heat the oil for frying in a wok, and drop two to three murukkus gently at a time in the oil.
7. Fry till crisp on medium flame. Drain excess oil on a kitchen towel.
8. Store in an air-tight container.