Fry in 1 tsp Oil
Coriander Seeds – 3 tblsp
Red Chillies – 6 to 8
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Aniseeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
1. Wash and peel onions and garlic.
2. In 2 tblsp oil, fry onions and garlic to a brown.
3. Remove 5-6 onions, 4-5 cloves of garlic, cool and grind this along with coriander seeds, red chillies, fenugreek seeds, aniseeds and urad dal. Set aside.
4. Boil tamarind in water, take out extract.
5. Add sufficient water if too thick, add this to fried onions and garlic along with turmeric powder, salt and 1 sprig curry leaf and set to boil.
6. When sufficiently boiled, add ground masala.
7. If masala is too thick, add some water.
8. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or till gravy is blended.
9. Heat 1 tsp oil, fry mustard seeds and curry leaves and add to the kuzhambu.
10. Serve hot with rice.