Cat Fish – 500 gms, cleaned, cut into bite-sized pieces
Onions – 2, ground
Green Chillies – 3 to 4, cut lengthwise
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
TurmeriC Powder as required
Salt as per taste
Curd as required
Oil as required
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
1. Combine curd, turmeric powder, salt and 1/4 cup water.
2. Add the fish pieces and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. In another bow, mix red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and salt.
4. Marinate the fish in this for 30 to 60 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a pan over moderate flame.
6. Add the ground onions and fry till light brown.
7. Add the tamarind extract, green chillies and the marinated fish pieces.
8. Cook over low flame, stirring from time to time, till the gravy is thick.
9. Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot.