Green Brinjal – 10
Green Chilli – 5 to 6
Mint Leaves (Pudhina) – 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 to 4 tsp
Coriander Seeds- 1 tsp
Onion – 2 cup, chopped
Cashewnuts – 10
Tamarind Extract – 1 small cup
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add coriander seeds, cashew nuts, 1 cup of chopped onions, 2 ginger-garlic paste, 5 green chilli.
3. Fry for 45 seconds and then grind with a handful of mint leaves. Keep the ground paste aside.
4. In another pan, heat oil.
5. Cut each brinjal into 4 pieces and add them to the pan.
6. Add turmeric powder, one green chilli and 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves.
7. Fry for a while.
8. Then add the remaining chopped onions, tamarind extract and allow it to boil.
9. Heat oil in a different pan.
10. Add the ground paste and fry.
11. Add little bit of water and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
12. Add the brinjal mixture to this and add salt.
13. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
14. Serve hot with plain rice or chapati.
not proper recipe- what do u do with the 10 cashew nuts.you hav two cups chopped onions wchi you fry with corriander seed.ginger garlic paste and green chilli as in pt.2 then again in pt.8 you say add chopped onions and pt.10 yousay add ground paste – this recipe is not given properly.
Thanks for pointing the errors. The recipe has been corrected.