Sausages – 4
Wheat or Corn Tortillas – 4 large or 8 small ones
Salad to garnish
For the Salsa:
Red Peppers – 2, deseeded and cut into quarters
Canned Red Kidney Beans – 325 gms, drained, rinsed and drained again
Tomatoes – 4 large, chopped
Onion – 1 large, chopped
Garlic – 1 clove, chopped
Lime Juice – 1 tblsp
Fresh Basil – 1 tblsp, chopped
Salt and Pepper as required
Slices of Fresh Tomato
1. To make the salsa, cook the red peppers, skin-side up, under a preheated grill for about 5 minutes or until the skins are blackened and charred.
2. Transfer them to a plastic bag, seal the bag and set to one side.
3. Put the kidney beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic, lime juice and basil into a large bowl.
4. Season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
5. Take the red pepper quarters from the plastic bag and remove the blackened skins.
6. Chop the flesh into small pieces and add it to the kidney bean mixture.
7. Grill the sausages for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked right through, turning occasionally.
8. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in an unoiled non-stick frying pan in a stack, moving the tortillas from the top to the bottom so that they warm evenly.
9. Wrap in foil to keep them warm.
10. Cut the sausages into slices.
11. Fill the tortillas with sausage slices, kidney bean salsa, shredded lettuce, tomato slices and soured cream.
12. Serve at once with a salad garnish.