Eggs – 3
Sugar – 5 tblsp
All Purpose Flour – 3/4 cup
Semolina – 2 tblsp
Ghee or Butter – 1/2 tblsp, melted and cooled
Coconut Milk – 1 cup milk from 1/2 grated fresh coconut
Almonds – 12, blanched and skinned
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Vegetable Oil for frying
1. Chop almonds very fine and keep aside.
2. In a pan put eggs and sugar and mix briskly with wooden spoon till sugar has melted.
3. Add flour and semolina and blend to a smooth paste.
4. Add melted butter or ghee and blend well.
5. Add coconut milk little by little mixing all the time till mixture resembles thick pancake batter.
6. Add upto 3/4 cup coconut milk and test mixture for thickness.
7. Add remaining coconut milk if necessary.
8. Add almonds and vanilla essence and blend well.
9. Keep mixture, covered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
10. Heat a small heavy bottomed frying pan over medium heat and when hot pour 1/2 tsp oil onto it and spread evenly over surface.
11. Pour 1 tblso mixture onto frying pan and quickly tilt it till it covers surface of pan.
12. Cook on low heat till one side is golden coloured then turn over and cook other side.
13. When both sides are cooked, remove pancake to a plate and fold in half, then fold again into quarter.
14. Smear surface of frying pan again with oil and continue making one pancake at a time till all the mixture has been used.
15. Serve warm, plain or with honey.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !