Ariselu is a traditional dessert from Andhra Pradesh. Made during the Sankranti festival, it is made with rice flour, jaggery and ghee.
Ariselu is similar to the Adhirasam made in Tamil Nadu. In this variation, sesame seeds are added to the recipe.
Made during most festivals and especially during the harvest festival of Sankranti, this dish is a crowd-pleaser and is also easy on the stomach.
Try making this dish at home and impress your family and guests.
- 500 g Rice Flour
- 300 Jaggery
- 1 cup Water
- 25 g White Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- as required Oil for deep frying
- Sieve and rub the rice flour to make it slightly damp.
- Cook the jaggery with 1 cup of water to make a thick syrup.
- Add the rice flour and ghee.
- Mix well.
- Make small balls and shape them into flat cutlet.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on both sides.
- Deep fry in hot oil till brown.
- Remove and drain the excess oil.
- Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container.
- Stays good for a week.