Banana bread is a quick and easy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It can be made in the morning or at night, and it’s a great way to use up overripe bananas. This recipe is simple enough for beginners.
If you have bananas, this is the easiest thing you can make.
It is made by combining mashed bananas, sugar, eggs, and flour. The banana bread is usually baked in a loaf pan and can be served with butter and/or cream cheese.
- 3/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 Ripe Bananas medium
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Full Cream Milk
- 50 g Butter
- 50 Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the oven to 160C / 325F.
- Peel and mash the bananas until it is smooth and has small chunks.
- Keep aside.
- Mix the baking soda and milk in a bowl.
- Mix the caster sugar and butter until fully blended.
- Break the egg into the bowl and mix well.
- Add the mashed bananas, flour mixture and mix well.
- Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the prepared batter into the pan.
- Keep it in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until the banana bread turns golden brown.
- Insert a skewer into the center and if it comes out clean, remove the pan from the oven.
- Leave the cake to cool before serving.