Idli Rice – 1 cup
Toor Dal – 2 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – little
Cumin Seeds – little
Asafoetida Powder – little
Sambar Onions – 1/4 cup, chopped
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the rice and dal for 2 hours.
2. Drain well.
3. Add red chillies, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder, salt and curry leaves.
4. Add enough water and grind to a coarse batter.
5. Add the sambar onions and grind to a smooth batter.
6. Keep aside for 2 to 3 hours to ferment.
7. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
8. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
9. Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides.
10. serve hot with chutney and sambar.