Onion – 1 medium sized
Carrots – 2 large
Tomatoes – 2 large
Butter or Oil – 1 tblsp
Bay leaf – 1
Whole Peppercorns – 3
Water – 3 cups
Milk or Cream – 1/4 cup
1. Wash all the vegetables.
2. Peel the onion and scrap the carrots.
3. Chop the onion, carrot and tomatoes fine.
4. Heat the butter or oil in a pressure cooker over moderate heat.
5. Add the bay leaf and peppercorns.
6. When they start spluttering, add the onion.
7. Let it fry. Mix occasionally with a wooden spoon.
8. When the onion turns brown, add the carrots and tomatoes.
9. Mix everything well and fry it for 1 minute longer while stirring it.
10. Add the water.
11. Pressure cook for 5 minutes.
12. Wait for the cooker to cool before opening it.
13. Remove the bay leaf.
14. Strain the soup into a pan and put the cooked vegetables in the mixie goblet.
15. Set the mixie to high speed and process till you get a smooth puree.
16. Mix the puree into the strained soup.
17. Add water if it is too thick.
18. Heat the soup when you are ready to serve.
19. Pour it into soup bowls and pour the milk or cream gently on top of the soup.
20. Give the milk or cream a light swirl with a spoon, so that it looks pretty.