Tomatoes – 500 gms, chopped
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Garlic – 2 tsp, chopped
Coconut Oil – 3 tbsp
Onions – 3 1/2 tbsp, chopped
Ginger – 1 tbsp, chopped
Salt to taste
White Pepper Powder – ½ tsp (or as required)
Bay Leaves – 4
Vegetable Stock – 7 cups
Cream – 2 tbsp
1. Heat the coconut oil in a pan.
2. Saute the garlic and onions for a few seconds.
3. Add the coconut and stir fry.
4. Add the tomatoes and ginger.
5. Stir in the salt, white pepper powder, bay leaves and vegetable stock.
6. Simmer for 15-20 minutes till the tomatoes are cooked and tender.
7. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
8. Blend the mixture, strain through a muslin cloth and reheat.
9. Remove from heat and stir in the cream.
10. Pour into individual soup bowls and serve immediately.
This turned out extremely watery, very little flavor. Are you sure the proportions are right? 7 cups stock seems like a lot for so little of the other ingredients.