Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast – 170 gms
Chinese Rice Wine or Dry Sherry – 1 tblsp
Sugar – 3/4 tsp
Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
Fresh Spinach Leaves – 250 gms
4 Cups Chicken Stosk or 4 cups Chicken Broth (readymade) mixed with 1 cup water
Ginger – 1 tblsp, sliced
Soy Sauce – 1 tblsp
Salt and Pepper – to taste
1. Wash the chicken breast, pat dry, and cut into thin strips approximately 2 inches long and 1/8 inch thick.
2. In a medium bowl, add the rice wine, 1/2 tsp sugar and a few drops of sesame oil to chicken pieces and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
3. Cut off the stems from the spinach leaves and blanch in a large pot of boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until the leaves turn bright green.
4. Dip the blanched leaves briefly in cold water first to stop the cooking process and then drain thoroughly.
5. Bring the chicken stock or chicken broth and water to a boil. Stir in the soy sauce and remaining 1/4 tsp sugar.
6. Add the chicken strips. Bring back to a boil and cook until the chicken turns white and is cooked through.
7. Add the ginger and spinach leaves and bring back to a boil. Stir in the soy sauce.
8. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !