A traditional, delicious and healthy drink with almonds. Often made during festive occasions, these days they can be found at many roadside stalls.
- Almonds – 20 to 25
- Milk – 500 ml
- Saffron Strands – few
- Green Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg – a small pinch, grated (optional)
- Sugar – 50 gms
- Heat 1 cup of water in a pan.
- Bring to a boil and remove from flame.
- Add the almonds and allow them to soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and remove the skinds from the almonds.
- Keep aside 5 of the almonds and grind the remaining to a smooth paste.
- Finely chop the reserved almonds.
- Heat a pan over medium flame.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame and add the ground almond paste.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the saffron, cardamom and nutmeg.
- Stir well.
- Add the sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- Remove and pour into serving glasses.
- Garnish with the chopped almonds.
- Serve hot or cold.