Capsicum pizza is an Italian dish that is popular for its crispy crust, tomato sauce, and mild capsicum flavor. The name of this dish is derived from the ingredients – capsicum being the main ingredient used in this recipe.
It is a delicious way to have pizzas in the dinner menu. It has all the ingredients, without adding too much of spice, so kids can enjoy it with their parents.
Capsicum pizza can be served as a starter or as a main dish.
There are many different variations of this recipe, so feel free to tweak the ingredients to suit your taste buds!
- 1 cup Capsicums sliced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 or 2 Readymade Pizza Base depending on size
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes finely sliced
- 2 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- as per taste Black Pepper Powder
- 3 tbsp Basil Leaves finely chopped
- 2 1/4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Spinach shredded
- Brush the pizza base with olive oil.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium flame.
- Saute the sliced capsicums and onions for a minute and remove.
- Spread the capsicums, tomatoes and spinach on the pizza base.
- Sprinkle cheese and pepper powder.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425F for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted fully.
- If you do not have an oven, then heat a non-stick pan over medium flame. Place the prepared pizza and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove when the cheese has melted fully and the base has turned golden brown.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
- Slice and serve at once.