Bread Pakora is a very popular North Indian street food. They are an ideal snack all through out the year, more so during the rainy season or during cold winter. Easy to make, they can be served as a breakfast dish or as an evening snack preferably with tea.
Ingredients for Bread Pakora
- 6 Bread Slices crusts removed
- 2 Potatoes boiled, peeled, mashed
- Oil as required
- 2 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 cup Besan Flour
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- a pinch Asafoetida Powder
- handful Curry Leaves
- Mint or Coriander Chutney as required
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper Powder as per taste
How to make Bread Pakora
- Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the ginger and garlic.
- Cook for 45 seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and cumin seeds.
- Stir well for 30 seconds and remove.
- Add to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
- Keep aside.
- Mix the besan flour, rice flour, red chilli powder and asafoetida powder in a large bowl.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix until smooth.
- Add the curry leaves and mix.
- Cut the bread slices into halves and spread some green chutney.
- Spread some of the potato mixture and cover with the other half.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
- Dip the bread slices in the batter and add to the hot oil. Allow excess batter to drain before adding to the oil.
- Deep fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !