Odappalu is a crispy and crunchy dish made with rice flour. Typically made during festival times they are ideal for breakfast or as an evening snack.
- Rice Flour – 2 cups
- Split Bengal Gram (chana dal) – 4 tblsp, soaked
- Fresh Coconut – 4 tblsp, grated
- Green Chillies – 6, Chopped
- Onions – 4, Chopped
- Sesame Seeds – 4 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt to Taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Mix all the ingredients in a wide bowl, except oil.
- Add little warm water and knead it till a smooth dough is formed.
- Divide the dough and shape them into balls.
- Press the balls on a greased plastic sheet into medium circles.
- To a pan, heat oil in medium flame.
- Fry them till crisp.
- Drain them on tissue paper.
- When cool, store the odappalus in an airtight container.