Crispy and delicious bondas with broccolis, the perfect teatime or evening snack. Serve with ketchup or chutney of choice.
Broccoli – 200 gms
Gram Flour – 200 gms
Raw Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Carrot – 2, medium
Potatoes – 4
Green Chillies – 4
Onions – 2, large
Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Saunf – 1 tsp
Mint Leaves – handful
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
2. Clean, wash and pat dry the broccoli.
3. Finely chop the green chillies, carrots, onions, garlic, mint leaves and broccoli.
4. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Add all the chopped veggies and saute them for a minute or two.
6. Add the mashed potatoes and salt.
7. Stir well and cook for a minute or two.
8. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
9. Make small-medium balls of this mixture and keep aside.
10. Mix the gram flour, rice flour, salt and red chilli powder in a bowl.
11. Add enough water to make a slightly thick but pourable batter.
12. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
13. Dip the prepared bondas in the batter and deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
14. Remove and drain excess oil.
15. Serve with ketchup or chutney of choice.