Spinach Bhajia is a crispy and delicious Indian snack recipe that is easy to make. Bhajias are a perfect tea time snack for the cold and rainy days and is popular across the country in different forms. Serve these delicious anytime snack with a chutney of choice.
Spinach Bhajia Recipe
Ingredients for Spinach Bhajia
- 2 cups Spinach chopped, washed, dried
- 3 tbsp Gram Flour
- 3 tsp Rice Flour
- 1 Red Chilli Powder adjust as per taste
- 1/4 Cumin Seeds roasted
- 1 Green Chilli small, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Kalonji
- 1 to 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep-frying
How to make Spinach Bhajia
- Mix the spinach, gram flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, roasted cumin seeds, coriander leaves, salt, green chillies in a bowl.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup of water and mix well.
- Do not add excess water. You should be able to form small balls from the mixture.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
- Make 10 to 12 balls from the spinach mixture and flatten them slightly.
- Sprinkle kalonji evenly over the top.
- Gently drop the patties into the hot oil and fry them evenly for a minute on each side until crips and golden.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney of choice.