Drumstick leaves are a good source of vitamins, iron, calcium and antioxidants.
Murungai Keerai (Drumstick Leaves) – 1 bunch
Sesame Seeds – 1/2 cup
Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
Dry Red Chillies – 30
Garlic – 20 cloves
Salt as per taste
Tamarind – 1 small ball, seedless
Oil – little
1. Clean and spread out the murungai keerai under the sun for 2 days.
2. Dry roast until crisp and remove.
3. Allow it to cool and grind to a fine powder.
4. Separately dry roast the sesame seeds and urad dal.
5. Add little oil to a pan and fry the dry red chillies for a minute.
6. Cool and grind all the ingredients, except drumstick leaves powder and salt, in a mixer to a fine powder.
7. Add the salt and drumstick leaves powder.
8. Blend well and remove.
9. Serve with hot rice and ghee or with idli or dosa.