Anna Podi is a dal podi popular in South Indian cuisine where you mix the podi, steamed rice and ghee. Similar to TamilNadu’s Paruppu Podi, this is quite popular in the region of Andhra Pradesh.
- 1/4 cup Roasted Gram
- 4 to 5 tsp Pepper
- 4 tsp Jeera
- 2 tsp Dried Ginger Powder
- few Curry Leaves
- Asafoetida Powder pinch
- Salt as per taste
- In a pan add the roasted gram.
- Fry and keep on a plate.
- Fry pepper and keep aside.
- Fry jeera and curry leaves separately.
- In the same pan, add asafoetida powder and ginger powder.
- Allow it to cool.
- Powder all the ingredients together.
- Serve with plain rice along with 1 tsp of ghee.