A traditional, simple and popular American dish that is made with mixing the lobster meat mixed with mayonnaise, olives, shallots and served in a buttered and toasted hot dog roll or baguette. A must have summer dish.
Lobsters – 400 to 450 gms, steamed, peeled, chopped
Mayonnaise – 1/4 cup
Black Olives – 3/4 tblsp, chopped
Shallots (Sambar Onions) – 2, finely chopped
Olive Oil – 3 tsp
Basil Leaves or Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp, chopped
Butter – 2 tblsp, melted
Mini Baguettes – 2
Salt as per taste
Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Mix the mayonnaise, olives, onions, olive oil and basil leaves in a bowl.
2. Add the chopped lobsters.
3. Sprinkle pepper powder and salt.
4. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
5. Halve the baguettes leaving the base intact.
6. Brush it with butter and toast it for a minute or two.
7. Place it on a flat surface.
8. Divide the lobster mixture between the two baguettes and fill them.
9. Serve with fries.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !