A delicious and easy to make lamb kofta in a creamy and flavourful curry. Best served with hot rice or naan.
Minced Lamb – 200 gms
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Oil – 3 to 4 tsp
For the Sauce:
Oil – 3 tsp
Onion – 1, finely sliced
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Tandoor Masala Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes – 200 gms, finely chopped or crushed
Thick Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
Water as required
1. Combine the lamb, garam masala powder and garlic in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper powder.
3. Mix well.
4. Shape the mixture into small balls.
5. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan over medium flame.
6. Shallow fry the koftas until golden brown on all sides.
7. Remove and keep aside.
8. To the same pan, add 3 tsp oil.
9. Saute the onions and garlic for a minute or two.
10. Pour 1/4 cup of water and add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powderand tandoori masala powder.
11. Stir well and simmer.
12. Add the tomatoes to the pan.
13. Add the coconut milk and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes.
14. Add the koftas and simmer until cooked.
15. Serve with hot rice or naan.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !