A mouth-watering kesari variety made with aval (poha) and coconut. Kesari is a popular South Indian dessert sweet variety made during festivals or special occasions.
Aval (Poha) – 2 cups
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Jaggery – 1 cup, powdered
Water – 1 cup
Ghee as required
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cashew Nuts – few, chopped
Edible Food Colour as desired (optional)
1. Heat little ghee in a pan.
2. Fry the cashew nuts until golden brown and remove. Keep aside until required.
3. Heat water in a pan over medium flame.
4. Add the jaggery and stir well until fully dissolved.
5. Strain the mixture and place it back on the flame.
6. Simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Add the coconut and aval. Mix well.
8. Gradually add ghee, stirring all the time.
9. When the mixture starts to thicken, add cardamom powder and stir once or twice.
10. Remove from flame.
11. Garnish with cashew nuts.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !