Badam Halwa is a rich and delicious Indian sweet made with almond puree, sugar, ghee and milk. It is one of the most popular sweets in South India.
Typically made during festivals and special occasions, it is a must have during South Indian weddings.
Also known as Almond Halwa or Badam ka Halwa, this sweet is often considered as a dessert fit for the royals.
Badam Halwa Recipe
Ingredients for Badam Halwa
- 1 cup Almonds (Badam)
- 3 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Ghee
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- a large pinch Kesari Powder
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- little Saffron Strands for garnish
How to make Badam Halwa
- Soak the almonds for an hour and peel.
- Grind to a smooth paste with milk.
- Add a little water and mix well, ensuring no lumps remain.
- Heat little ghee in pan.
- Fry the cashew nuts for a minute and remove.
- Add water to sugar and bring to a boil till it reaches a one string consistency.
- Reduce flame and add the almond paste.
- Keep stirring regularly.
- Add the remaining ghee slowly and stir.
- Add kesari powder and mix well.
- When the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan and the texture is smooth, remove from flame.
- Add cardamom powder and mix.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and saffron strands.