gingelly oil – 75gm
fenugreek powder – 1/2 tsp
dry chillies – 25
turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
a pinch of asafoetida
salt to taste
mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
1. Wash and dry the limes.
2. Remove the seeds and cut the limes into small pieces.
3. Add salt and mix well.
4. Daily mix it well and keep for 6 days.
5. When it is soaked nicely and the colour has changed.
6. Grind the limes into a smooth paste.
7. Roast the dry chillies, asafoetida powder.
8. Heat oil in a pan.
9. Put mustard and when it splutters add the ground lime, chilli powder, turmeric powder and stir it for 15 minutes.
This goes well with rice.