1 cup basmati rice (washed and soaked for 30 minutes)
2 large onions, chopped fine
2 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
50gms pudina leaves
salt to taste
1 inch piece of cinnamon
2 bay leaves
1. Heat ghee in a pressure pan, add the whole garam masala and cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
2. Add onions and fry for about 4 minutes.
3. Add the soaked rice and fry for 5 minutes on low heat. Add salt, 2 cups water and mint leaves.
4. Pressure cook for one whistle and switch off the gas.
5. Open the pressure pan and sprinkle lime juice all over the pulao.
6. Serve hot with raita or plain curd.