400gms kabuli channa
20gms gram flour
5 tbsp oil
1/2 tbsp ajwain
3 tbsp anardana powder
2 tbsp amchoor powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp black salt powder
1/2 tbsp kasuri methi powder
1 tbsp cumin powder
salt to taste
1 pinch of soda bicard
For the pouch
6 black cardamoms
2 inch stick of cinnamom (powdered)
20gms ginger (crushed)
1 tbsp tea leaves
For the garnishing
2 tomatoes (sliced)
1 onion, cut into roundels and separated into rings
2 green chillies, slit and deseeded
3 lemons, cut into wedges
10gms ginger, julienned and soaked in 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Soak the kabuli channa overnight.
2. Tie the ingredients for the pouch in a small piece of muslin cloth.
3. Boil the kabuli channa with soda bicard and 1 litre water.
4. Add 4 tbsp oil and pouch, cover and simmer until cooked. (the channa should not get mashed)
5. Heat the remaining oil, add the ajwain, stir over medium heat until it crackles.
6. Add gram flour and stir fry till it emits an aroma. Add the remaining ingredients and stir for a minute.
7. Add the cooked channa and stir until well mixed.
8. Garnish with tomato slices, onion rings, green chillies, lemon and ginger.
9. Serve with bhatura or kulcha.