3 tbsp oil + extra for deep frying
a pinch cumin seeds
3/4 cup chopped onions
1 tbsp chopped green chillies
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 tsp salt + salt for batter
1/2 cup gram flour
3/4 cup cheese cubes
1 tbsp curd, whisked
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
1/8 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1. Combine the ingredients for the spice paste with a little water and set aside.
2. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, onions, green chillies and ginger. Saute for a few minutes.
3. Add the spice paste and fry until you get the aroma of cooked spices.
4. Mix in the tomatoes and salt. Simmer, adding a little water if necessary.
5. Prepare a thick batter with the gram flour, salt and water.
6. Heat the oil for deep frying in a kadai, dip the cheese cubes into the batter and deep-fry.
7. Drain and put into the prepared curry. Cook for a few minutes.
8. Mix in curd. Do not boil after adding the curd, but mix well and simmer.
9. Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.