An easy and delicious dish, this baked potato salad is perfect for any occasion, any meal and is bound to be a hit with everyone. Serve as a side dish to a meal or on its own.
Potatoes – 4 to 5
Juice of 1 Lemon
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Spring Onions – 2, sliced
Sea Salt – as per taste
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
Lemon Zest – 1 tsp
Red Onion – 1, finely chopped
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Red Chilli Flakes as per taste
1. Bake the potatoes in an preheated oven at 350F/175C for about 30 to 45 minutes.
2. Roast until the skin is crisp and the soft when squeezed.
3. Remove and cool.
4. When cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh onto a bowl.
5. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin seeds and spring onions.
6. Season with salt and mix well.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve at once.
Note: If you do not have an oven, you can boil the potatoes until tender and cool. Then peel the skins and mash the flesh.