A great meal on a slow weekend or during a family get together.
Plain Rice Noodles – 200 gms
Prawns – 350 gms, deveined, tails intact
Juice and Zest of 1 medium Orange
Red Curry Paste – 3 to 4 tblsp (available readymade)
Thai Fish Sauce – 1 tblsp
Light Brown Sugar – 1 tblsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
Ginger – 50 gms, grated
Garlic – 4 cloves, sliced
Red Capsicum – 1, seeds removed, sliced
Beansprouts – 200 gms
Coriander Leaves – handful
Basil Leaves – handful
Red Onions – 2 tblsp, sliced
Red Chilli – 1, sliced
1. Blanch the noodles in boiling hot water and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Mix the orange juice, orange zest, red curry paste, fish sauce, sugar and 1/4 to 1/3 cup of water.
3. Mix well.
4. Heat oil in a large pan.
5. Add half the ginger and garlic.
6. Stir-fry for a minute or two.
7. Add the capsicum and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
8. Add the beansprouts, prawns and cook until prawns turn pink.
9. Drain the noodles and add to the pan.
10. Add the coriander leaves, basil leaves and remaining ginger.
11. Add the sauce and stir well until the noodles are evenly coated.
12. Remove, garnish and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !