The dish can be wrapped in any kind of flat bread, tortilla or leftover rotis. The vegetables are usually lettuce and tomato, but can also include other vegetables such as onion, cucumber, avocado, and bell pepper.
They are often served with a side dish such as fries.
Grilled Chicken Wrap Recipe
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken Wrap
- 2 Chicken Breast Fillets cubed
- 2 Tortillas or Leftover Roti
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1 Red Onion finely sliced
- 2 Radish finely sliced
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- Wooden Skewers soaked in water for 30 to 45 minutes
For the marinade:
- 3 Garlic Coves minced
- 2 tbsp Tomato Juice
- 1/4 cup Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Chinese Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Tabasco Sauce
- little Red Chilli Flakes
- a pinch Paprika Powder
- as per taste Salt
- as per taste Black Pepper Powder
How to make Grilled Chicken Wrap
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well until evenly coated.
- Keep aside for 1 or 2 hours.
- Skewer the marinated chicken and grill them on a preheated grill for a minute each side.
- Baste with the marinade from time to time and remove when done.
- Alternatively, after a minute of grilling, cook the chicken in a preheated oven at 400F/200C for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the skewers.
- Heat the tortillas in a pan for a minute on each side.
- Place the tortillas on a clean surface or large plate.
- Add the coriander leaves, red onions, radish and a portion of the cooked chicken pieces.
- Roll tightly into a wrap.
- Serve with barbecue sauce.