Potatoes – 2, medium, boiled, peeled, chopped
Green Peas – 1/2 cup, boiled, drained
Onion – 1, small, grated
Tomato – 1, small, grated
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Yogurt – 2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1/2 tblsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry the cumin seeds, curry leaves and mustard seeds till they start to splutter.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste, onions and saute for a minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and cook till the oil starts to separate.
5. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, asafoetida powder, salt and yogurt.
6. Mix well and bring to a boil.
7. Add the potatoes and peas.
8. Pour 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil again.
9. Reduce flame and cover with a lid.
10. Simmer till the gravy starts to thicken.
11. Transfer to a bowl.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve with rice, roti or chapati.