Garlic Naan is a popular Indian bread that can be served with any dish.
It is traditionally made with plain flour, yeast, salt, curd and garlic. The dough is then rolled out into a thin circle and brushed with butter or ghee.
- 1 cup Maida (Plain Flour) - 1 cup sieved
- 1 tsp Butter - 1 tsp melted
- 2 tsp Curd - 2 tsp
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- 1 tsp Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- as per taste Salt
- handful Coriander Leaves
- as required Butter
- Combine maida, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add melted butter, curd, garlic paste, coriander leaves and enough water.
- Knead well to a thick, pliable dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll them out into small circles or as desired.
- Brush the top with a little water.
- Heat a tawa / non stick pan over medium flame.
- Add the prepared naan and cook, covered, on both sides till light brown spots start to appear.
- Brush the top with butter and sprinkle a bit of coriander leaves.
- Serve with side dish of choice.