Rich in antioxidants, lycopene and anthocyanins, Watermelon is a must to beat the heat.
Watermelon – 1 whole
Mango – 1/2 cup, peeled, chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece, peeled, chopped
Jawa Peppercorn (Tailed Peppers / Vaal Milagu) – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 150 gms
Mint Leaves – few
1. Grind the mango and ginger together smoothly.
2. Add a little water if too thick and keep aside.
3. Cut the watermelon into 2 halves.
4. Peel and chop 1 half and keep aside. Discard the seeds.
5. Peel and chop the other half. Discard the seeds.
6. Grind smoothly and transfer to a bowl.
7. Add the chopped watermelon pieces, 2 tsp of mango ginger juice, sugar and peppercorns.
8. Mix well and keep it in the fridge for 30 to 45 minutes.
9. Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.